Friday, February 16, 2007

Now With Added Goodness

I have been doing some budget work on Nights Edge, playing with numbers and working out what'd happen if I dropped the national guest, and it looks very interesting.

Costs have gone up a fair amount since last time I ran a con, but not in any way that I didn't expect.

Looks like I'll need 46 full fee paying guests to break even.

Hopefully with a fancy launch video (Nearly complete) and some shiney fliers, I'll be able to get a fair chunk of that membership at Swancon.

(Yes, unlike previous years, I WILL bet taking money at Swancon)

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Is that 46 members to break even with or without the national guest?

I think the national guest is going to be a big drawcard, so it might be detrimental to cut it.

9:56 am  
Blogger Cheshire Noir said...

Either way.

The budget is built around a cheaper price without a national guest VS a more expensive price with a national guest.

Personally I think a National guest for a small convention is not much of a draw card VS a cheaper rate.

73% of people I surveyed agreed, so unless there is a dramatic switch by next friday, I'll be dumping the National guest and upgrading what I will be offering my local guests.

10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home